Travel has become more complicated with the advent of the pandemic, but it can be executed with proper structures and processes in place; and resources to support the traveler. With the assistance of company travel administrators and Acendas Travel, support for the business traveler occurs before one leaves and extends beyond the return. Pror to the pandemic, the focuse was on two steps: the booking and the journey. Now, the process is more entailed and our vailable resources now focus on a broader traveler experience, which includes all stages of travel: a.) decision; b.) booking; c.) preparation; d.) journey; and e.) return.
Below is a review of each of those steps and the support companies can offer to travelers (developed in conjuction with Acendas Travel. In addition, real time updates for travelers are available on our Acendas Travel Covid Dashboard. Click here to access the information which inclues airlines, quaratine requirements, testing, health and safety precautions and more.
- Companies are taking a more critical eye on travel:
- Does it meet company guidelines?
- Is approval required?
- Is the destination open to travelers?
- What travel requirements must be met.
- Travel policies must be updated.
- Companies must clearly define essential travel and publish it on various platforms such as email, intranet, webinars, travel apps, etc.
- Communications should be done with the best interest of the traveler in mind and one that builds confidence.
- Travel Managers should be available and accessible to travelers.
- Guide travelers to the right channels and choices at point of sale
- What precautions are airlines taking?
- Consider refundable vs. non-refundable fares.
- Ride share vs. rental car.
- Contactless hotel check-in availability.
- Online Booking Tool policy listed.
- Link to Acendas Travel Covid Dashboard on itineraries and elsewhere.
- Acendas agents are available to support.
- Make sure details are addressed and executed
- Packing list should include PPE such as facemasks, sanitizer, gloves, etc
- Is rideshare an option?
- Download TripSource traveler app at tripsource.com.
- Confirm itinerary to determine if changes were made since booking.
- Make sure company guidelines and information are easily accessible.
- Review Acendas Travel Covid Dashboard for the latest information.
- Drive adoption and awareness of information and processes through the online booking tool before and during the trip.
- On the road:
- Where to park?
- Changes to car rental insurance needed?
- Have destination requirements changed?
- Keep policy (including changes) in front of travelers on a regular basis.
- Publish policy on company platforms and online booking tools.
- Provide safety checks and safety alerts.
- Run reports on each trip and get feedback on vendors.
- Confirm and Determine:
- Return flight still on schedule.
- New requirements at home destination?
- What if the traveler feels unwell upon return?
- Flight status and gate information in apps
- Readily accessible Covid Dashboard link.
- Update and communicate travel policy changes – biggest asset in return to travel is to outline new processes and rules.
- Listen to your people – listening is just as important – surveys, polls, open forums, build confidence and trust that company has best interest in mind
- Leverage Mobile Apps and Covid dashboard.