Acendas Travel President Brent Blake was joined by Delta Airlines Senior Vice President Bob Somers for our monthly virtual Viewpoints with Acendas Travel. The two discussed air travel in 2021 in general and Delta’s strategy as travel ramps back up. Key takeaways include:
- The travel ecosystem (air, hotel, car, airport, shuttle) has never achieved higher standards of health and cleanliness than it has now.
- That emphasis will continue and NOT fade away once the pandemic ceases.
- There is a significant pent up demand for travel.
- There has been steady increase in travel since January 1, but the biggest jump will occur when vaccine distribution and administration reaches a high level.
- There will be the development of a “health” passport in the future that will serve as an entry to international destinations with some type of domestic application.
You can watch the discussion by clicking here.